Designed to maintain structural continuity across construction joints in reinforced concrete structures, FERBOX by H-BAU is a reinforcement continuity system, providing suitably proven reinforcement, which is factory pre-bent and factory-fitted.
On the construction site, the FERBOX unit is secured inside the formwork at the front face of the structural member (often a wall), in advance of the concrete pour. The FERBOX casing is designed to remain embedded in the concrete, providing a useful rebate and key for the subsequent concrete pour. The galvanised and indented profile of the embedded casing obviates the need for traditional scabbling at the joint interface.
After striking the formwork, the casing lid is revealed and removed, providing access to the connection legs (starter bars) which lay inside. These legs are bent outwards (at 90 degrees) by the contractor, then ordinarily lapped with loose reinforcement of the subsequent structural member/concrete pour.
- Almost infinite ability to bespoke casing to reinforcement requirements
- Stock-supply advantage of volume production in H-BAU German plant
- Dedicated UK-local manufacturing facility for all ‘specials’ up to 16mm diameter
- UK CARES approval for vertical as well as horizontal applications
- Embedded casing rolled or fabricated from galvanised steel sheet
- Steel reinforcement grade B500B or B500C to BS4449:2005, manufactured by the ‘hot-rolled and cold-stretched’ or ‘quenched and selftempered’ process routes
- Removable lid fabricated from light-gauge galvanised steel sheet or PVC.
To receive regular updates about J&P Building Systems, subscribe to our blog or connect with us via the social networks by clicking on the icons below: