JORDAHL JAI Elevator Insulation
JORDAHL JAI Elevator Insulation is used to acoustically decouple elevator guide rail and machinery connections, while providing secure load transfer to concrete structures. The system significantly reduces impact sound transmission through elevator shaft walls and reduces disruptive noise levels experienced by building occupants in the vicinity of the elevator shaft. Safe and adjustable connections to new concrete shaft walls are provided by dynamically rated hot rolled JORDAHL Anchor Channels JTA (ETA-09/0338).
▪ Average of 18 dB reduction in the frequency range 63 – 500 Hz
▪ Effective acoustic alternative to the thickening of shaft walls, saving space and cost
▪ More predicable acoustic design for the performance of the elevator shaft.
▪ Better living conditions for building residents located in the vicinity of the elevator shaft
▪ Suitable for new and existing structures
For new structures two adjustable JORDAHL® T-bolts are typically used to connect the JAI bracket to dynamically rated hot rolled JORDAHL® Anchor Channels JTA (ETA-09/0338), which are embedded into the concrete elevator walls.
The acoustic performance of existing structures may also be uprated by retro fitting JAI brackets to JORDAHL® Mounting Channels (ETA-15/0386) that are either welded to structural steel or connected to concrete walls using drilled connections that are suitable for transferring dynamic loads.